Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nafiza Knows All

As I watched the video: there are many ideas that I took away from it. I think its awesome how she helps the students use video games for educational purposes. For example the camps that the students can create for that country not only help them explore technology but also allow them to learn about that country. All the race issues and border issues with countries alnog side. I think its awesome that one girl can make such the difference. Nafiza even had the chance to judge the sites that were created.

I couldnt relate to the Digital Generation Youth Vidoe: Nafiza in some aspect, but I could in others. I do use my iPhone for an alarm clock. Also my iPod touch is always in my back pocket as well. I frequently check the status of my friends on face book as does Nafiza. I do agree with her in the fact that it is important to invovle the youth in technology. Specially when it contains material that will create a learning expirence. I love how she was able to help students cut certian clips. She hepled them with many other iems that has to do with the material. I admire her for her skills, and I too would hope I could do as she has done. Teaching students how to use certain aspects of technology.

As I admirred Nafiza and what she did. I contemplated if I would be able to do as she does. Mostly my answer was a big NO. I need to learn more about this new digtal age that we live in. My future students will be more inclined to learn if technology was in the classroom. It changes the whole persepective on teaching. I love it and I want to use it. I just need to know how to use it!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment